Wednesday 19 September 2018

#TNGWatch #S01E19 #ComingOfAge

It’s a The Boy-centric episode as he takes his Starfleet entrance exam. Also, Starfleet Admiral shenanigans!

*    *    *

Riker did his leg over the chair thing! Ha!

*    *    *

When Picard was saving that kid in the shuttlecraft, my brain was shouting, “That’s not how physics works!”

*    *    *

This was a pretty good episode. The Boy is taking the Starfleet entrance exam while Picard is being investigated for various goings-on onboard the Enterprise. However, I was right when I called this “admiral shenanigans” as that’s all they turned out to be. The admiral who ordered the investigation just wanted to make sure Picard was clean because he thinks there’s a conspiracy trying to tear the Federation down. I honestly hope this plot thread is picked up again later.

Meanwhile, The Boy goes through testing, and we meet Mordock, the first Benzite inducted into Starfleet. Yay, Mordock! I’m not really sure why I like him so much, but I do. The other human and the Vulcan who were also testing seemed like they could have been interesting characters, but unfortunately neither woman was really developed much.

Fashion Talk: The Boy cut his hair, and he looks way cuter now. Also, Picard wore his dress uniform in one scene, and I know it’s basically a long coat, but it really looks like a dress. It goes down all the way to just below the knee, and seems to be form-fitting. Also also, the Starfleet skirts seem to be making a huge comeback. I saw like 10 different people wearing them in this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment