Saturday 18 August 2018

#TNGWatch #S01E04 #CodeOfHonor

Hold on to your butts, this episode’s gonna deal with sexism (and probably be racist at the same time).

*    *    *

Man, every time Riker smiles, I feel like he’s trying to get into my pants.

*    *    *

Okay, not as bad as the previous episodes, but still pretty bad. Why is this "primitive" alien race full of Black people who only value women for what they own? I mean, I think they were trying to teach the audience something, but I don’t think it worked out the way they wanted to, and was just cringey as hell. But hey, at least The Boy got to man the conn again.

As a kid, I remember wanting to be the The Boy. I was 4 or 5 when TNG first premiered, and I watched it with my mom (along with episodes of OG Trek), and I thought it was so cool to be a kid on the Enterprise. Then I got older and watched a lot more episodes of TNG and just hated The Boy for being way more important than he should have been. My annoyance at this character will only grow as his importance on the show grows, fair warning.

Also, where’s O’Brien? He appeared nameless in Farpoint, but hasn’t shown up since. What’s up with that? This show needs more Miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment