Wednesday 29 August 2018

#TNGWatch #S01E12 #TheBigGoodbye

Dixon Hill, motherfuckers!

*    *    *

Wait, why is Picard pronouncing “meta” as “meet-a”? That’s just weird.

*    *    *

This episode was awesome! I have a soft spot for holodeck episodes, and Picard trying to be a noir detective is one of the best uses of a holodeck (certainly better than Bashir trying to be a secret agent, though I liked that one too). Crusher trying to learn how to “doll it up” from one of the women in the program, and then swallowing a piece of gum, was hilarious. And I couldn’t decide if saying Data was from South America because of his “tan” was racist or not, but ultimately I didn’t care. This episode was too much fun. My favorite bit was probably Picard talking about how real everything felt during a senior staff meeting. He was as excited as I was after watching the Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay footage.

The one thing that annoyed me was that when the holodeck went haywire, it was The Boy and his Hideous Rainbow Sweater that saved the day because of course it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment