Wednesday 22 August 2018

#TNGWatch #S01E06 #WhereNoOneHasGoneBefore

I have no idea what this episode is about, but I already want to punch that Kasinski guy in the face.

*    *    *

Oh! Is that the Traveler? I think that’s the Traveler!

*    *    *

Okay, this was actually a pretty good episode. There was exploration and mystery and space shenanigans. The Traveler is a pretty neat concept that is immediately shelved so that he can’t be used as a deus ex machina for other problems (I mean, until he is in later episodes, but literally the first thing I thought when they get to Galaxy M-33 was, “Wait, why didn’t Voyager use this guy?”). The Boy is made acting Ensign in this, but I also just noticed that he wears some truly horrible sweaters. Someone get that kid a fashion coordinator stat!

Fashion Talk: Speaking of fashion, that weird Starfleet skirt makes a reappearance on an extra who looked suspiciously like John Cho’s dad. I’ve decided I really like that skirt, and it’s actually a much better costume for Troi than the weird jumpsuits she’s been wearing these past few episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment