Sunday 7 October 2018

#TNGWatch #S02E03 #ElementaryMyDearData

Holodeck episode! Sherlock Holmes somemore!

*    *    *

Yo, Pulaski, seriously. Stop being a dick to Data.

*    *    *

Man, La Forge is coming off really dumb in this episode.

*    *    *

I loved this episode for the same reason I love most holodeck episodes: they’re just fun as heck. But this has the extra pizzazz of a Holmesian London and the first ever self-aware hologram in Moriarty. I know he comes back in at least one more episode, so I look forward to seeing him again.

La Forge is really made to play the bumbling Watson throughout the episode, though. Like, he comes off really, really dumb in multiple instances. And I love that Picard has to come in with his top hat and cane to save the day.

Pulaski is really starting to grate, you guys. I don’t remember her being this obnoxious when I was a kid, but maybe I just didn’t understand all the shit she was slinging in Data’s direction. She’s really quite bigoted, and I can’t wait for Crusher to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment