Sunday 14 October 2018

#TNGWatch #S02E17 #SamaritanSnare

Pakleds! “Make our ship go.”

*    *    *

It’s the return of Grumpy Picard!

*    *    *

Worf warns Riker about the Pakleds and is ignored. Troi warns Riker about the Pakleds, and he takes her a bit more seriously. Worf gives him his best, “Bitch, I told you,” face.

*    *    *

After the Pakleds shoot La Forge, both Worf and Troi give Riker their best, “Bitch, I told you,” faces.

*    *    *

I don’t remember the Pakleds being such jerks! They shot La Forge like five times, those jerks! But seriously, Worf and Troi were super pissed at Riker for not listening to them, and underestimating the Pakleds just because of the way they talked.

Meanwhile, The Boy and Picard take a trip to Starbase 515 together, one to retake his Starfleet exams, and the other to get his artificial heart replaced (I’ll let you figure out who does which :P). Picard’s story of his run-in with Nausicaans when he was younger is pretty neat, and I remember we get to see that encounter in a later episode.

This episode was not as fun as I remembered, but I think that’s mostly because I remembered the Pakleds as being silly and inadvertent in their kidnapping of La Forge, and not malevolent as they actually were.

No comments:

Post a Comment