Saturday 6 October 2018

#TNGWatch #S01E25 #Conspiracy

Wait, is this a follow-up to that one episode with the Admiral shenanigans?

*    *    *

Holy shit, this episode is super disturbing.

*    *    *

Holy shit! Why am I suddenly watching a Cronenberg movie?! Ahhhh!

*    *    *

This was a really good episode, but it was super horrifying! That conspiracy that one Admiral talked about is picked up here. We find out that various key Federation personnel are infested with these horrible parasites. I mean, they are super horrible to look at.

The conspiracy is quickly unraveled (because we only have one episode to deal with this), and it ends with some body horror worthy of Cronenberg. The main host has a Raiders of the Lost Ark face-melting scene before his entire ribcage is exposed and this huge parasite comes out of him, Alien-style (only bigger and with less chest left on the host). This is after a bunch of admirals eat some crawly grubs and the main host swallows a smaller parasite.

The whole episode is such... urgh (that onomatopoeia is not strong enough for the sounds of revulsion I am actually making). After seeing the main host’s insides, I got a flashback to the first time I saw this episode as a kid (when I promptly freaked the fuck out) that I had clearly suppressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment