Saturday 13 October 2018

#TNGWatch #S02E08 #AMatterOfHonor

I love this episode! Riker joins a Klingon ship on an exchange program, like he’s a college undergrad or something :D

*    *    *

Ensign Mendon! He looks a lot like Mordock! Hee hee hee.

*    *    *

"And then I will instruct you in Enterprise etiquette." - Worf to Mendon, which is hilarious.

*    *    *

This episode was fantastic! Riker transfers and serves on a Klingon ship as its second-in-command, and is just awesome at it. I know that his learning of Klingon culture and etiquette is impossibly fast, but he tries and succeeds at understanding a culture not his own, and adapts to it. Mendon, on the other hand, doesn’t adapt very well even though he arguably has the easier time of it, but fixes his mistake by episode’s end.

I think my favorite bits of this episode were when Riker was eating all the Klingon food before he transferred to the Pagh so that he would be used to it (though I didn’t like it when Pulaski showed up to make racist comments because she is a racist), and at the end when Riker gives command of the Pagh back to Captain Kargan and takes a full Klingon punch to the face to ensure Kargan keeps his command.

Also, the Klingon Battle Theme! Probably my favorite piece of Star Trek music ever :D

No comments:

Post a Comment