Saturday 13 October 2018

#TNGWatch #S02E07 #UnnaturalSelection

I totally remember this episode! Everybody gets super old!

*    *    *

Chief O’Brien got to speak and he got his name! Yay for Chief O’Brien!

*    *    *

Chief O’Brien is sitting in on a senior staff meeting and is giving all kinds of good ideas! Dude is making the best of his sudden promotion!

*    *    *

The science in this episode is specious at best, downright lies at worst :P

*    *    *

I really dislike Pulaski, and by extension, I dislike episodes that focus on her. It may be that I’m not giving Pulaski a fair shake. I do prefer Crusher way more, and maybe that colors my feelings. But Pulaski has consistently been written as someone who does not think of Data as a person, and I think that’s the real reason I don’t like her, and never will.

That said, Pulaski’s bullshit this episode did at least pave the way for Chief O’Brien to finally be named and get a pretty substantial speaking role this episode. I am a huge, huge O’Brien fan, and I’m happy to see his evolution as a character on TNG before he moved on to star in DS9. Thankfully, that won’t be until after season five of TNG, so we got 3.5 more solid seasons of O’Brien on TNG.

Finally, the science in this episode, from the pathology of viruses, to how the transporter of all things can apparently scrub our DNA, was friggin’ bonkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment